Company Summary: Marshall Grain Company has served Tarrant County since 1914. We are particularly well-known for organic gardening supplies and Texas native plants. In addition to our store we have a landscaping division that is growing rapidly.
For this position, we are seeking a motivated self-starter who has extensive experience in landscaping installations. This is a key position in our organization and an opportunity to grow with the company. Compensation is $19.95 per hour and we pay overtime for work over 40 hours a week.
Daily Landscape Crew Leader activities include:
- Direct and supervise the activities of a landscaping crew of 2 to 4 laborers.
- Communicate with landscape designers, sales people and managers to understand the requirements for each landscaping job.
- Ensure that tasks are completed efficiently and on schedule.
- Train crew members in doing new tasks.
- Troubleshoot problems and ensure quality of landscaping jobs.
- Assist in dealing with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ensure materials and tools are available for your crew and that all tools and equipment are properly maintained.
- This is a working supervisor position.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience doing and supervising residential landscaping work.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather.
- First-hand knowledge of planting/hardscapes/irrigation.
- Experience in organic gardening is desirable.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work as the person in charge on-site.
- Strong commitment to customer service and quality assurance.
- Good driving record and the ability to drive a work truck with a trailer.
This is a full time, hourly position.
Our company started out in 1946 as a traditional feed and farm supplies store. We are now a full-line garden center including landscaping services. We specialize in organic products and methods. We also have large departments with pet food and supplies, wild bird products and feed for chickens and other animals.