JOB DESCRIPTION – AutoCAD Technician
Responsible for daily coordination and completion of AutoCAD drawings, as well as sales assistance
including jobsite visits, measurements, and design planning.
1) Assisting Sales Force with AutoCAD drawings and 3D modeling (layout & details) along with
material list take-offs.
2) Assist with obtaining field dimensions as needed for layouts and/or assisting installation crew
with field layout.
3) Proper use of load charts and structural design calculations per OSHA and/or manufacturer’s recommendations.
4) Create a drawing/project log library
5) Assisting outside sales representatives as needed
6) Working knowledge of scaffolding, shoring, motorized equipment helpful
1) Develop library items as required to keep up with various equipment
2) Utilize Plotter, Canon (11x17) for sales drawings
3) Utilize "company owned" equipment first unless situation requires specialty equipment not in our inventory
5) Be prepared to make jobsite visits (boots, clothing, etc). Company will provide hard hat, gloves, safety glasses and safety vest.
Faxing, photocopying, running errands, assisting with various duties within the office as
General working hours are M – F 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. with one-hour lunch. Additional hours may be
required to meet demands of this position including but not limited to opening early or staying
later or weekend jobsite visits to meet job demands.
Benefits: Major Medical, Life Insurance, Eye, Tele Doctor with optional Dental, Accident; 9 1/2 paid holidays; 2 weeks vacation per year; tuition reimbursement plan for applicable classes
Mdm Scaffolding is a full-service provider of specialized scaffolding services, access, shoring, and personnel-material hoisting solutions to the commercial, industrial, and aircraft industries since 1993. Mdm offers a wide range of elevated access solutions, from supported and suspended scaffold to motorized equipment, for multiple applications. Our staff brings more than 100 years combined experience helping the commercial, industrial and aircraft industries in the design, installation and dismantle services, and safety training.