Merit Advisors is seeking an Associate Consultant in our Gainesville, TX office who will join our team and help clients plan for and manage property tax. You will be supported by and work directly with the local Director and Manager and be given the opportunity to develop your technical, analytical and soft skills while working with our clients. You will learn and experience a lot in this role! Our business model is centered on building a strong team and developing long term relationships with our clients. We compete head to head with other tax firms for clients and consistently outperform our competitors by providing a more personal client experience and better team environment.
In addition to maintaining our client relationships, we are committed to maintaining your sanity. Every firm preaches work/life balance, but we will actively work with you to balance client delivery, career development, and your life outside of the office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Organize and analyze large amounts of data
• Perform financial valuations on various asset types
• Assist in the preparation of data requests and compliance filings
• Work with consultants to prepare appeal presentations
• Communicate with taxing jurisdictions in multiple states
• Interact with clients for information requests and savings reports
• Process tax bills for payment
• Additional support services as needed
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
• Able to succeed in a fast-paced environment
• Able to complete detail-oriented tasks with strict deadlines
• Able to manage multiple tasks
• Critical thinker and problem solver
• Works well independently and as part of a team
• Eager to learn and is a self-starter
Education & Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or similar field
1-3 years of work experience in a professional setting
• Able to produce quality work in fast paced environment with high daily pressure to meet deadlines.
• Able to work irregular hours and overtime as needed or required to meet established deadlines.
Merit Advisors is a team of expert consultants committed to crafting holistic solutions that improve your cash flow and add profit back to your bottom line. With a track record spanning over 20 years, Merit offers deep experience in energy, heavy industry and construction, and works with companies across the commercial sector.