Position: Help Desk - Tier II
Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine
The primary function of the Help Desk Tier 2 position is to administer a variety of technical projects related to the setup, maintenance, and support of Noorda COM's technology stack. Duties for this position include but are not limited to the support of online library services, support and administration of Noorda COM's learning management systems (LMS), web conferencing software and hardware, setup and integration of synchronous technologies and advising various Noorda COM departments on general technology related items.
1. Work with fellow team members to serve as front-line support within our organizational technical support area, receiving cases from end users.
1.1. Perform initial troubleshooting for standard and routine end-user problems including issues with email, teleconferencing, and basic network-related issues.
1.2. Document end-user issues / requests, status, and resolution.
1.3. Manage service desk tickets and meet the Service Level Agreements (SLA) defined by the business.
1.4. Ensures quality control standards are upheld to provide the best experience within systems with minimal rework and little supervision.
1.5. Finds ways to automate tasks for the IT function and other functions.
1.6. Takes ownership of assigned tasks from the IT Director from start to finish.
1.7. Help keep track of assets and maintains accurate records.
1.8. Respond to needs and questions of customers concerning their access and connection to the network.
2. As relates to the department, actively engages in the advancement of the College
2.1. Follow up with end-user to ensure issues have been resolved to a high level of satisfaction.
2.2. Troubleshoot all technology-related problems and bring issues to a successful and timely resolution.
2.3. Consolidate and simplify any systems and processes where it makes business sense and where efficiencies can be gained.
2.4. Be a student. Be a teacher. Be a leader.
Education: Bachelor's degree or technical certification(s) highly preferred. Equivalent years of experience may substitute for education.
Experience: 3+ years of experience, or equivalent, working in a help desk environment.
Skills & Abilities: Highly professional with honest, genuine, direct communication style, excellent interpersonal skills and emotional maturity with the essential ability to demonstrate tact, discretion and job diplomacy. Our Help Desk Tier 2 will be highly skilled, and can communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing. Ability to coordinate assignments and follow up on outstanding issues for escalation and resolution purposes. Will have a professional demeanor in dealing with customers via phone and/or email.
• Self-confident, strong leader, skilled decision-maker with ability to lead by influence and effectively communicate with various constituencies across the college
• Exceptional at written, oral presentation and listening skills
• Able to work independently yet is an effective participant in cross-functional teams
• Self-motivated, self-disciplined, have a strong work ethic and capable in establishing priorities in an executive setting
• Flexible and able to adapt to changing priorities and effectively handle frequent interruptions
• Innovative, resourceful, detailed oriented, with excellent follow through skills
• Capable of balancing multiple projects in stressful situations while meeting deadlines, achieving desired results, and maintaining positive relations while understanding of the importance of confidentiality of data and information
• Have ability to be On-call on weekends and nights
Must have experience with:
• Ticketing systems
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Basic networking knowledge
Pay & Benefits:
Pay is commensurate with experience and education. Full benefits package available for full time staff.
Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine (proposed) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals in any phase of the application or employment phase on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition including medical characteristics, marital status, veteran status, economic status, genetic identification, political belief, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply.
The Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine is seeking qualified candidates to support our unique, innovative curriculum designed for a modern day Medical School. We currently have received the rights to admit students in the accreditation process with the Commission of Osteopathic College Accreditation for Fall of 2021. We are located in the beautiful Utah Valley in Provo surrounded by the Wasatch mountain range and Utah Lake. Our campus is in development for completion in the summer of 2022 with enrollment beginning August of 2021.