Duties and Responsibilities
• Assemble various components and/or products handled by the Company, to include, but not limited to track assemblies, counterbalance assemblies, and electric operators.
• Assemble torsion spring assemblies. Cut torsion springs to length using an oxy/acetylene cutting torch and install fittings on springs.
• Assemble cable assemblies. Cut cables to length and install fittings using a swaging tool.
• Receive deliveries. Unload materials from trucks and trailers. Check and inspect incoming material.
• Stock inventory, parts, items, materials, and products in their correct location.
• Assist walk-in customers purchasing parts over the counter.
• Maintain perpetual inventory of certain materials and supplies. Notify management of materials or supplies that need to be ordered.
• Use Company owned vehicles and trailers to transport materials between warehouse and/or job sites.
• Clean the warehouse, shop and truck parking areas.
• Wash Company vehicles as required.
• Operate Company owned trucks and other Company owned motor vehicles and trailers to transport products, tools and equipment to job sites.
• Load and unload trucks and trailers as required.
• Occasionally assist the installation/service technicians on job sites.
• Other duties as assigned.
Overhead Door Company of Cortland™ is a fourth generation family business with three locations and 40+ employees that specializes in the installation, maintenance and repair of residential, commercial, and industrial overhead-type doors and openers.
The three locations in New York are Overhead Door Company of Binghamton ™, Overhead Door Company of Cortland ™, and Overhead Door Company of Greater Syracuse ™.