The Pawnee County Memorial Hospital has an immediate opening for an IT Specialist. The IT Specialist provides user desktop support, technical assistance to computer users and first response for Help Desk activities. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for team members in person, via telephone, or electronically. Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems. Our small town atmosphere offers a professional environment in a critical access facility with a competitive salary and benefit package.
· Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
· Administer network and data security, including antivirus, email security, and active directory.
· Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
· Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
· Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
· Participate in the data collections and reporting for the organization as needed
· Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to IT Manager.
· Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
· Complies with state and federal regulatory requirements related to the performance and requirements of PCMH. Maintains and provides regulatory support and understanding in all applicable laws and regulations.
· Performs customer service & help desk functions by answering employee requests and questions.
· Perform 340B Pharmacy reporting by running reports and assisting with reporting process as necessary
· Comply with PCMH Corporate Compliance Policy and all HIPAA regulations
· Presents self in professional manner and appearance
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality and data integrity.
· Support the Vision, Mission and Values of PCMH
· Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Working knowledge of using a help desk/ticketing system
· Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Working understanding of IT principles, practices and procedures.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment working independently and as a team.
Education & Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Associate degree in a technical area or 2 years help desk and EMR experience
· Employee is required to talk and hear, vision abilities required which includes close vision
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Frequently required to use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel, to manipulate keys on a keyboard and view data on a computer screen.
· Employee is occasionally required to stand, climb stairs, walk, reach with arms and hands.
· Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
· Normal amount of overtime or extended work hours required as needed, minimum of 32 hours in a week.
· Occasional on-call requirement as needed for nights, weekends, holidays etc.
· Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic, hospital background noise).
· The job is performed under a generally hazard free environment.
Apply at www.pawneehospital.com
Pawnee County Memorial Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pawnee County Memorial Hospital is a 11 bed Critical access hospital located in Southeast Nebraska. Pawnee County Hospital offers general medical and surgical services normally associated with a rural Critical Access Hospital. A full range of radiology and laboratory services are available. The hospital and attached rural health clinic are staffed by two physicians and three mid-level practitioners as well as ER physicians on weekends. Specialists from Lincoln, Omaha and Beatrice hold outpatient clinics on a regular basis.