Pawnee County Memorial Hospital has an immediate opening for a Laboratory Manager. Our small-town atmosphere offers a professional environment in a critical access facility with a competitive salary and benefit package. This position coordinates and supervises all laboratory activities to ensure that quality laboratory services are being provided to the patients on a continuous basis. Supervises and performs those duties directly involved with the technical and scientific oversight of the laboratory which support the organization’s mission, visions and values.
• Associates degree in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) or bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology (MT) required
• Previous management experience in a medical setting preferred.
• Effective knowledge and familiarity of administrative and clerical procedures and systems preferred.
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational and customer service skills required.
• Knowledge of and ability to implement performance improvement processes to ensure quality and patient safety.
• Effective communication skills, verbal and written required.
• Ability to take call on a rotating schedule and respond to hospital within 25 minutes of notification required.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under normal and/or emergency circumstances required.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
• Coordinates and performs proper specimen collection and completes lab testing.
• Manages areas of accountability through strategic planning and review of department operations to insure efficiency and effectiveness.
• Coordinates and performs quality reporting for the laboratory.
• Recruits and develops a qualified and productive workforce.
• Performs employee relations functions effectively to promote a positive work environment, influence retention and enhance communication.
• Manages departmental financial operations, effectively.
• Performs all aspects of position in a compliant manner, following all applicable state and federal regulations to maintain CLIA certification.
• Performs in a manner that ensures patient safety.
• Provides competent, safe and effective Patient Care.
• Other duties as assigned.
Apply at www.pawneehospital.com
Pawnee County Memorial Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pawnee County Memorial Hospital is a 11 bed Critical access hospital located in Southeast Nebraska. Pawnee County Hospital offers general medical and surgical services normally associated with a rural Critical Access Hospital. A full range of radiology and laboratory services are available. The hospital and attached rural health clinic are staffed by two physicians and three mid-level practitioners as well as ER physicians on weekends. Specialists from Lincoln, Omaha and Beatrice hold outpatient clinics on a regular basis.