Pawnee County Memorial Hospital has a position available for a Laboratory Technologist. This is a PRN or Part-time position working a rotating call schedule. Our small-town atmosphere offers a professional environment in a critical access facility with a competitive salary.
• High school education or G.E.D. required
• Associates degree in Medical Laboratory Technology preferred
• Good organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks
• Excellent organizational and customer service skills required
• Provide safe and appropriate care within the standards of practice
• Independent problem-solving skills and self-directed work experience
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrate attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under normal and/or emergency circumstances.
• Ability to take call on a rotating schedule and respond to hospital call within 25 minutes.
• Coordinates and performs proper specimen collection and completes lab testing
• Performs Laboratory testing following current analytical procedures and Instrument function checks
• Communicates effectively through telephone/FAX and verbal communications with patients and clients
• Performs all aspects of position in a compliant manner, following all applicable state and federal regulations to maintain CLIA certification
• Performs in a manner that ensures patient safety
• Provides competent, safe and effective Patient Care
• Other duties as assigned
Apply at www.pawneehospital.com
Pawnee County Memorial Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pawnee County Memorial Hospital is a 11 bed Critical access hospital located in Southeast Nebraska. Pawnee County Hospital offers general medical and surgical services normally associated with a rural Critical Access Hospital. A full range of radiology and laboratory services are available. The hospital and attached rural health clinic are staffed by two physicians and three mid-level practitioners as well as ER physicians on weekends. Specialists from Lincoln, Omaha and Beatrice hold outpatient clinics on a regular basis.