This part time position will be responsible for implementing the "Bingocize" program, an evidence-based falls prevention program. Teh Bingocize Facilitator will work as part of the PMC Community Wellness Team to support the new Administration for Living (ACL) Falls Prevention grant awarded to Petersburg Medical Center. The socially engaging group-based program that combines exercise, health education and the widely popular game of bingo will be held in-person, twice a week, for ten (10) weeks at a time for older adults at risk for falling and people with balance disorders. Bingocize Facilitators will oversee the twice weekly program and will be responsible for the planning, coordination and implementation necessary to make the Bingocize program successful. In addition to leading workshop sessions, the position provides leadership for in-person classes by collaborating with other departments and community partners to recruit and retain participants and complete required data collection elements for grant reporting.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Bingocize Facilitator is responsible for completing the on-line instructor training that consists of self-paced modules with comprehension quizzes that are completed along the way to ensure content retention. Upon training completion the Bingocize Facilitator will:
- Work within PMC Community Wellness team to implement in-person evidence-based fall prevention programming to fidelity
- Work with other departments, such as Home Health, Rehabilitation and Long Term Care, to engage patients and residents in Bingocize
- Work with community partners to increase capacity and program attendance
- Promote a safe, nurturing, healthy and positive environment for participants
- Engage with participants to ensure program retention and assist participants as needed
- Keep attendance logs and documentation required for grant reporting
- Effectively communicate and collaborate as a team member
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bingocize sessions are currently scheduled for Monday and Wednesday mornings from 9 - 10 am, though this is subject to change. Set-up, clean-up and program communications related to recruitment and retention of participants will be approximately 4 - 6 hours per week.
Skills and Abilities
All employees are expected to have a broad range of skills and abilities centered around a strong patient focus, efficient performance and teamwork. Customer / patient service skills, interpersonal skills and good communication skills along with the ability to manage their time, organize their work to ensure efficient performance of duties is a must. Employees must understand the importance of patient / participant confidentiality and privacy. Specific skills are:
- Follow the curriculum and training as designed to ensure program fidelity and outcomes
- Possess the skills and abilities to work with aging community members and varying abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead, engage and motivate people
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- High school or college education
- Prior experience working with and teaching physical activities to older adults is preferred
- Obtain and maintain CPR certification
- Must complete the Bingocize Facilitator training upon hire
Petersburg Medical Center
Petersburg Medical Center is a 27-bed hospital, 15 long term care and 12 acute care beds with an Outpatient Clinic, ER, Rehab, Home Health, Lab and Imaging departments.
Located in beautiful Southeast Alaska, in the town of Petersburg, is an opportunity for you to come and enjoy! The town of 3000 boasts the serene beauty of a small town founded by Norwegian-American fisherman in the late 1800’s with vast mountains and ocean right outside your window.
View all company job openings