1. Understands, promotes and follows the Mission and Guiding Values of Petersburg Medical Center.
2. Responsible for receptionist duties at the clinic, greets the patients and ensures timely patient flow, informing staff when patients are ready to be seen. Provides information to patients and visitors and directs patients or visitors to other areas of the hospital as needed.
3. Responsible for all admission, registration paperwork, obtaining insurance information, entering information into the computer, completing updates of information as needed, and obtaining consent for each patient visit. Initiates workers’ comp and fisherman fund paperwork as needed.
4. Schedules appointments using their best judgment in timing of appointments based on information provided by patient at the time of the phone call. Requests as needed for scheduling assistance from nursing or medical staff with same day appointments.
5. Assist the Clinic Reception Lead with electronic medical records (EMR) scheduling blocks for meetings and blocking monthly patient scheduler.
6. Checks insurance eligibility through the EMR system for each scheduled appointment. Inputs patient chief complaint for each patient visit in the EMR.
7. Answers telephone, directs calls to appropriate staff or sends communications via electronic medical records to the appropriate staff.
8. Cross-trained with Medical Records to assist with release of information requests for records or transfers request to the appropriate Medical Records Clerk.
9. Assists with front desk staff rotation with opening and closing clinic and must have availability to work Saturdays.
10. Must be able to communicate well with co-workers and patients. Must maintain a professional relationship with staff and patients at all times. Strong organizational skills. Ability to handle confidential information appropriate.
High school graduate. A minimum of two (2) years’ office experience, including computer and typing skills. Must like to work with people and receptive to dealing with people who are ill, injured or upset. A calm, caring, professional attitude and excellent phone etiquette are essential. Basic medical knowledge is helpful.
Complete an application available on PMC's website at www.pmcak.org.
Petersburg Medical Center is a 27-bed hospital, 15 long term care and 12 acute care beds with an Outpatient Clinic, ER, Rehab, Home Health, Lab and Imaging departments.
Located in beautiful Southeast Alaska, in the town of Petersburg, is an opportunity for you to come and enjoy! The town of 3000 boasts the serene beauty of a small town founded by Norwegian-American fisherman in the late 1800’s with vast mountains and ocean right outside your window.