Specifically, this calls for:
1. Coordinating, weighing and recording all soiled linen received from all departments of the hospital to aid Infection control in the hospital.
2. Completing necessary paperwork for proper documentation of clean linen process.
3. Setting up linen carts and taking to designated areas.
4. Washing, folding and distributing laundry throughout the facility.
5. Assist housekeepers in covering patient areas after 1330.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma, previous housekeeping or laundry experience preferred. Self starter, honest, with good communication and a willingness to work. The position is a physical job. The individual must be able to lift, bend, stoop and clean.
Current employees formally notify Cindy Newman with a letter of interest. The public may pick up an application at the business office or go to: www.pmcak.org. Position to remain open until filled. For more information, contact (907) 772-5719.
Petersburg Medical Center is a 27-bed hospital, 15 long term care and 12 acute care beds with an Outpatient Clinic, ER, Rehab, Home Health, Lab and Imaging departments.
Located in beautiful Southeast Alaska, in the town of Petersburg, is an opportunity for you to come and enjoy! The town of 3000 boasts the serene beauty of a small town founded by Norwegian-American fisherman in the late 1800’s with vast mountains and ocean right outside your window.