PMC Mission and Values:
Our Mission: Excellence in healthcare services and the promotion of wellness in our community.
Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Dignity, Quality, Teamwork
Coordinates Clinical Specialty Clinics and assists with implementing the process of new specialties, including both on-site and telehealth service lines. This position requires high level of case management, coordination and close working relationships between primary care and specialty integration into PMC clinics.
Understands, promotes, and follows the Mission and Guiding Values of Petersburg Medical Center. Assures quality care and patient-centered services through the following responsibilities:
• Responsible for ongoing day to day operations of specialty services, clinics (i.e.. behavioral health, registered dietician, ENT) and telehealth.
• Ensures adequate clinical coverage for staff during vacation and staff shortages. Must be able to assist with coverage as needed.
• Ensures compliance with standards and HIPAA policies related to patient registration, billing, medical records, and documentation.
• Responsible for coordinating quality assurance/improvement studies and initiatives to improve patient care, safety, and efficiency of processes and staff.
• Oversees and collaborates with PMC clinic for all scheduling for specialty providers, telehealth services, and ensuring patient safety and quality care needs are met through timely access to care.
• Works closely with the Clinic HIM Department to ensure relationships with the specialty clinic providers for adequate coding and medical records documentation.
• Works to anticipate current and future needs of the department. Plans for acquisitions, changes, and new directions as the situation requires. Emphasis is on being proactive in and carrying out action plans as are necessary for maintaining the currency of operations.
• Oversees the development of the operational Policies and Procedures to ensure patient safety, efficient patient flow, standardization of clinical procedures, and compliance with state and federal laws. Attention to clarifying roles and responsibilities and defining duties is essential.
• Coordinates the efficient functioning of all personnel providing services for the visiting specialties and telehealth.
• Understands the organization's commitment to provide high quality integrated care.
• Attends all required meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Oversee partnership with outside PMC organizational specialties:
• Work closely with specialties ensure appropriate clinical information is disseminated to relevant staff.
• Manage visiting, telehealth or onsite specialty schedules.
• Supports the case management, coordination and referral process for visiting and PMC specialty providers with PMC physicians, PMC departments, and outside agencies.
• Orient visiting specialties providers to PMC upon arrival.
• Debrief with visiting specialty providers.
• Facilitate telemedicine follow-up appointments.
• Schedules on-site meetings with visiting specialty provider and PMC providers or departments as needed.
• Education: An associate degree in a healthcare related field and/or two years minimum with working in healthcare clinical practice or specialty
• Progressive leadership or management experience.
• Advanced ability to prioritize responsibility, multi-tasking, manage demanding, fast-paced, multi-departmental clinical needs.
• Highly organized, self-motivated, and task-oriented.
• Advanced healthcare degree preferred (i.e., BSN, Social Work, Bachelors or Master’s degree)
• Electronic health record experience, high level of technology literacy and patient scheduling.
• Three – five years of experience in case management, care coordination in healthcare.
Complete an application on-line at www.pmcak.org. Position to remain open until filled.
Petersburg Medical Center is a 27-bed hospital, 15 long term care and 12 acute care beds with an Outpatient Clinic, ER, Rehab, Home Health, Lab and Imaging departments.
Located in beautiful Southeast Alaska, in the town of Petersburg, is an opportunity for you to come and enjoy! The town of 3000 boasts the serene beauty of a small town founded by Norwegian-American fisherman in the late 1800’s with vast mountains and ocean right outside your window.