Are you looking for a rewarding career working with children on the Autism Spectrum? Our small BCBA and parent owned company is looking for an additional part-time BCBA with the potential to move to a full-time position within the Southern Maryland vicinity. We pride ourselves on work/life balance and treating our employees like they are gold! We only service Calvert, St. Mary's and Charles counties to keep our commutes low. Please have both daytime and evening availability.
The BCBA oversees a caseload of children with a primary diagnosis of autism, up through 18 years of age. This oversight includes planning and developing behavioral intervention strategies for the child and family, as well as supervision of 1-5 Registered Behavior Technicians (RBT), should the BCBA elect to use the RBT direct service model. BCBA may be responsible for providing direct therapy in the beginning until a full caseload is established and techs are assigned.
- Provides behavioral intervention services for children with the primary diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in the child’s natural environment.
- Conducts functional behavioral and skills assessments in accordance to insurance guidelines and as outlined by program policy manuals.
- Develops, in consideration with an interdisciplinary team of developmental providers, behavior intervention plans and individualized service plans/programming designed to improve child outcomes.
- Attends and participates in assigned meetings and trainings.
- Provides training and supervision to RBTs in accordance to requirements set by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) including completing RBT competency assessments and reassessments, contributing to continued competence and professional growth of RBTs during supervision meetings, observation, providing written feedback and additional trainings as needed.
- Builds and maintains positive family/caregiver relationships throughout the primary service provider model by regularly including parent coaching/trainings during scheduled home visits, reviewing progress and collaborating on development of individualized service plans and behavior intervention plans.
- Document all evaluations, assessments and sessions with family and other pertinent interactions with child and family in accordance with program policy.
- Adheres to all Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) standards.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Must have expertise in the areas of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), autism, child development and training/supervision.
- Must have experience performing or assisting in the following BCBA responsibilities: conducting skills assessment (i.e., VB-MAPP, ABLLS-R, AFLS, PEAK), conducting functional behavior assessments and/or functional analyses, program writing, data analysis, and creating behavior intervention plans.
- Must be passionate and committed to early intervention.
- Must be professional, self-motivated, energetic and genuine.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Computer literate and ability to learn new skills related to current technology.
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to scheduled appointments.
- Provide a certificate of automobile insurance.
- Must pass a background check.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Culturally aware.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Applied Behavior Analysis.
- Certified and maintain credentialing with the Behavior Analyst. Certification Board (BACB) as a BCBA in good standing.
- Holds and maintains applicable state-level credentialing for practicing BCBAs in good standing.
- Meets Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) supervision requirements.
- Submit official transcripts for all Education/Certifications.
Platinum Therapeutics, LLC is a small behavioral company that prides itself in providing support to our one-to-one staff. We provide ABA services to our clients in the community and in the home settings. Our mission is to provide compassionate and effective evidence based interventions and treatment to our clients within our community with autism spectrum disorder.
View all company job openings