This position is responsible for maximizing philanthropic support from donors who live in their assigned region. This position reports to the Director of Development. This position does not supervise anyone at this time.
Essential Job Functions:
· Maximizes philanthropic support in the form of unrestricted and designated gifts from individual major donors, churches, church related groups, corporations and service organizations in support of the agency’s annual operating expenses.
· Records all actions related to donor cultivation and solicitations in donor management software, currently the NXT database system. Inclusive of quarterly contact of 125 major donors.
· Seeks outright and planned gifts for approved capital maintenance projects, capital campaigns, and growing the agency’s endowment fund.
· Coordinates two annual in-kind campaigns for school supplies and Christmas gifts.
· Effectively hosts 10 or more PCHAS Gatherings per year
· Effectively hosts an annual fundraising luncheon.
Development activities are carried out in a variety of settings. Some functions are performed in a home office or PCHAS office environment while others occur in a donor’s home or place of business. Travel is required to meet with the position’s direct supervisor, the Senior Vice President of Development, to attend development staff planning retreats and to meet with donors and church-related partners.
· A college degree in management, marketing, or a field compatible with the general skills required to accomplish the tasks of the position is strongly preferred.
· Demonstrated 1-3 years of work experience and documented success in the areas of major gifts, planned gifts, and special events is strongly preferred.
· Certification as a professional fund-raiser is desirable, but not required.
· Current knowledge of or excellent aptitude for learning and implementing major gift strategies.
· Flexibility in interpersonal style in order to accommodate working with various constituencies.
Must hold a valid driver’s license, have and maintain a risk-free driving record. Must be willing to undergo initial and periodic child abuse/neglect, criminal history, sexual offender, and child care/elder care disqualification list screenings. As requested, must submit fingerprints for review by the state of your employment and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). Must undergo a pre-employment drug screen and a pre-employment physical with the results showing no evidence of communicable disease.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.