DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage, lead and deliver Company Services across the various business and technical areas including Project Management, Business Development, Sales and Marketing, Quality Systems, and Compliance. Provide Project Management support at our client sites by either leading or supporting a team.
+ Project Management and Delivery
• Supports initiatives to establish and implement company project management standards.
• Manages active projects with regular monitoring and support from upper management, ensuring all assigned projects are delivered on time and within budget.
• Provides structure to project efforts by building and maintaining accurate work breakdown structures.
• Leads the team to resolve project issues and resource constraints affecting the portfolio with assistance from upper management.
• Manages planning and scheduling conflicts among the project team and with production.
• Manages client expectations efficiently with minimal guidance. Maintains strong working relationships with all client representatives.
• Develops project objectives working with user requirement and business plans.
• Prepares, owns, and maintains project budgets.
• Reports on project performance for site leadership.
• Communicates issues or risks in a timely and effective manner and develops mitigation plans to address/resolve the issues.
• Prepares contingency plans and logically works through complex issues.
• Ensures all project close-out activities are completed.
• Identifies and reports on lessons learned after the project close-out.
+ Technical and Scientific Management
• Review technical reports in support of business and project requirements.
• Stay abreast of industry trends and foster innovative thinking to assist Protocol Link in realizing key business goals and initiatives.
+ Business Development
• Leads assigned sales and marketing efforts to grow company project management service offerings
• Cultivate new business and projects covering services in Project Management.
• Develop new business primarily with untouched clients, but also with some designated existing clients.
• Enrich the value of the Protocol Link brand as measured by increased demand for Protocol Link services.
• Assist company management in developing Project Management services to expand the current portfolio of Protocol Link.
+ Sales and Marketing
• Maximize client satisfaction, as measured by repeat business, testimonials, and surveys.
• Assist management in successfully seeking and selling new business. The annualized sales targets will vary from year over year.
• Sell new business by focusing on mid-scale to large-scale project mobilization.
• Direct targeted aspects of business management, marketing strategies, and sales.
• Prepare and submit project proposals within the scope of the company’s capabilities and services.
+ Business Management
• Drives operational excellence and continuous improvement, both internally and externally
• Represent Protocol Link, master our business processes, and deliver the finest expertise to our clients.
• Effectively team with colleagues, aspiring managers, and other management staff at Protocol Link.
• Assist Protocol Link’s Senior Management in executing strategic business plan actions.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at any time.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field. Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification preferred. Previous project/program management experience of 3 to 5 years with demonstrated success leading cross-functional teams. Project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects within schedule and budget. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels. Intermediate to advanced MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project.
At times, extensive travel up to 5 days per week will be required depending on project location(s).
Headquartered in Chicago metropolitan area, Protocol Link is a leading project management and strategy consulting firm providing comprehensive regulatory affairs, cGMP compliance, quality assurance, and validation services to the FDA-regulated companies worldwide. Protocol Link’s mission is to provide customer-focused services with ethical conduct, mutual trust, and personnel empowerment while striving to offer the best of both quality and efficiency. It's how we've been doing business since 1996. The right way.