Provide leadership in customer service (both internal and external), finished good and WIP planning, inventory management, systems integration & testing, and plant performance metrics. Contribute to the profitability, continuity, and reliability of the Virginia facility compatible with Company Mission and Vision.
· Ensure production plans balance supply with available capacity at optimal cost structure.
· Train personnel, prepare training aids, and ensure transaction accuracy of production planner duties.
· Provide day-to-day customer service performance and communication.
· Monthly compilation of data to support the sales & operating plan (S&OP) cycle. Key liaison with multiple functions for plant S&OP cycle.
· Design and implement a standard exception based planning approach for production planners.
· Responsible for ensuring inventory is managed to targets.
· Lead production planners to successfully work with production teams to ensure schedule attainment metric is achieved.
· Daily, weekly, monthly Supply Chain reporting (i.e., recurring supply planning meeting preparation, capacity utilization updates, Pre-SOP updates, inventory projection updates).
· Annual Operating Plan, Mid-year & Q3 budgeting process to include units and hours projections/plans.
· Support the annual financial audit.
· Lead and participate in projects in support of Continuous Improvement and annual plant objectives.
· Execute integration testing of business systems software including performing tests and recommending changes in configuration based on results and error resolution to support plant business processes.
· Responsible for achieving competency in all identified skill requirements outlined in associated training profile or position.
· Other duties and tasks as assigned.
· Number of Overall Years Necessary: 5-8
· ERP experience
· Supervision and/or management
· Planning, inventory and procurement
· Manufacturing experience preferred
· Bachelor's Degree
· Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM desired) or Certified Supply Chain
· Professional (CSCP) preferred.
Specialized Skills/Technical Knowledge:
· Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Analysis and detail orientation for accuracy
· Strong analytical skills
· System knowledge of SAP together with experience in PP/DS (Production Planning/Detailed Scheduling) would be an advantage
· Local Specifications (English and Local Language): English
Headquartered in Chicago metropolitan area, Protocol Link is a leading project management and strategy consulting firm providing comprehensive regulatory affairs, cGMP compliance, quality assurance, and validation services to the FDA-regulated companies worldwide. Protocol Link’s mission is to provide customer-focused services with ethical conduct, mutual trust, and personnel empowerment while striving to offer the best of both quality and efficiency. It's how we've been doing business since 1996. The right way.