ELECTRICIAN PRE-APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
How would you like to begin a successful career in the commercial electrical business?
We are interviewing candidates for our State-Licensed Pre-Apprenticeship Program called JumpStart. This is a 26-week program where you will be paid to learn a valuable skilled trade. The construction industry needs more electricians at every experience level. JumpStart is your opportunity to learn from one of Florida’s largest employers of electricians: RAMS Skilled Construction Services.
• Established in 1994, RAMS is a licensed Electrical Contractor and the largest employer of electricians in the state of Florida outside of public utilities.
• We provide training to interested individuals seeking a career.
• Long term work throughout the state of Florida
• Local work/multiple projects.
• Weekly pay.
• Benefits after 90 days: Life/Dental/Vision/Holiday Pay.
• Benefits after 1 Year: Medical Insurance/401(k)/Vacation.
• Awesome family-centered culture.
• Supportive staff with an emphasis on your training and career growth.
About JumpStart - Electrician
• Started in 2004 by a grant from the state of Florida with a mission to train more tradesmen throughout the state.
• Since then, RAMS has provided electrical contractors with thousands of newly-skilled electricians through the JumpStart program.
• Individuals selected for JumpStart will be hired full time by RAMS.
• The Pre-Apprenticeship Electrician Program is 6 MONTHS long and broken out into three (3) phases.
o First phase is an intense week of hands-on training and class room training. You will be taught the basics of electrical theory, EMT bending, circuitry, material identification, tool use, and OSHA safety.
o Second phase is the OJT (On the Job training) portion. You will be assigned to a commercial job site and teamed with a Journeyman level electrician to learn while you work.
o Graduation: you will receive a Certificate of Completion from the state of Florida and will be eligible to be sponsored into a four-year apprenticeship program.
Pay Structure: JumpStart-Electrician
• Paid $9.00 an hour while in the initial first week of training.
• Paid $10.00 an hour after successful completion of the first week of training and assigned to a job site.
• You can qualify for up to five (5) additional raises over the next 26 weeks.
• After 960 hours worked you graduate the Pre-Apprenticeship Electrician Program (JumpStart).
• Must be 18 years of age PRIOR to first day of class.
• Must have reliable transportation within the tri-county area.
• Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
• Must schedule and attend an interview to qualify.
• If accepted, must attend Orientation on Friday, March 1, 2019 prior to attending JumpStart.
• JumpStart begins Monday, March 4th, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
Resource Acquisition and Management Services, Inc. (RAMS) was founded in 1994 as an alternate workforce solution provider specializing in the skilled trades aspect of the commercial construction industry. Since its inception, RAMS, has evolved into a Family of Companies that Provides integrated human resource and training solutions to, and satisfies many of the unique needs in, the commercial construction and consulting industries. All RAMS employees are full time, benefited, and drug free. All RAMS affiliates – RPG, TEC, and PSG – are at will, Equal Opportunity and Drug Free employers.
If you are currently looking for employment and think RAMS might be a good fit for you, we invite you to fill out an employee application.