$1000 SIGN ON BONUS$$$$
This position will provide professional nursing services to respond effectively to the health, wellness, and safety needs of individuals living in Arc supported residences. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· The development and implementation of a person-centered plan of nursing services as well as other nursing interventions and associated documentation
· The delivery of supportive and/or restorative care as well as the treatment and prevention of illness including the maintenance of infection control standards
· Providing training, education, and supervision to residence program staff including the delegation of nursing tasks to Direct Support Professionals, such as medication administration, and activities of daily living
· Collaboration with other medical, clinical, and treatment team members
· Regular visits to residential sites to perform physical assessments and review medical documentation to provide and ensure continuity of care
Schedule: This is a full time, 40 hour/week position that offers tremendous flexibility. Evening, nights, and weekends are not required. There is a rotating on-call beeper schedule shared among nursing staff.
This position requires a valid NYS Registered Professional Nursing license, as well as at least an Associate’s Degree with 1 year of nursing experience. Must have a valid NYS Driver's License with at least 1 year of non-permit driving experience and have reliable transportation.
The Arc of Rensselaer County is a non-profit agency located in Troy, NY supporting individuals with disabilities and their families throughout Rensselaer County. We are an association of people with disabilities, parents, professionals and community members dedicated to building the capacity of the community to fully include persons with disabilities.