The Arc of Rensselaer is currently seeking a Speech and Language Pathologist (SLP) to join the Clinical Services Team. Our Speech and Language Pathologist’s (SLP) play a vital role in evaluating and diagnosing disorders of communication and swallowing. Not only will the SLP provide needed therapy to the individuals we support in our programs but will provide essential training and guidance to all Arc staff working with people who have these needs.
This Position will work in various programs provided by the Arc.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Evaluating people as needed in the areas of speech, language and dysphagia
· Monitoring and recording individual/group data, preparing progress summaries for formal speech programs, and summarizing this data for treatment team meetings. The SLP is responsible for completing all documentation requirements as assigned by the AED
· Making visits to the residences and/or day programs of the people
Track medical order for modified diets and dining evaluations
· Participate in treatment team meetings
· Provide training, consultation, and guidance to all staff
We provide paid training, flexible schedules and excellent benefits. Part Time and Full Time hours available. Part Time hours are flexible with flexible schedule.
Benefits: Health, vision and dental insurance. Generous amounts of paid time off, 401(K), Telemedicine, AND MORE!
Master’s Degree in Speech Language Pathology with CCC certification (Certificate of Clinical Competence)
Job Type: Full-time or Part Time
The Arc of Rensselaer County is a non-profit agency located in Troy, NY supporting individuals with disabilities and their families throughout Rensselaer County. We are an association of people with disabilities, parents, professionals and community members dedicated to building the capacity of the community to fully include persons with disabilities.