Through the continual practice of our core values; Integrity, Respect, Quality, Hard Work, and Embracing Change, Royal Basket Trucks, Inc. is committed to providing an environment where employees can grow personally and professionally while sharing in the success and growth we have experienced as a company by producing the finest material handling and hospitality equipment in the world.
• Under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager, you will be responsible for safely providing facilities and equipment that are dependable and available for consistently meeting our customer expectations. You must constantly search for, recommend, and implement repairs or process changes needed for Royal Basket Trucks, Inc. to continually improve equipment and systems as measured by reduced downtime, time between failures, and reduced time to repair. Your ability to understand all equipment, processes, and procedures in our facility, has a significant impact on our ability to effectively serve our customer. We must all realize that customer satisfaction is the only true measure of our future job security.
• Develop a working knowledge of Royal Basket Trucks facility/maintenance needs using measuring diagnostic instruments to trouble-shoot/verify repair equipment problems in accordance with OSHA.
• Lock-out, Tag-out procedures, and source vendors to complete skilled or warranty repairs.
• Perform TPM on all production machinery, schedule and file maintenance reports for equipment history.
• Purchase parts inventory for equipment and facility.
• Will perform maintenance work to maintain structures, electrical systems, pneumatic systems, small tools and machines, heating systems and plumbing.
• Repair and replace parts on mechanical equipment.
• Repair buildings, construct shop benches, fixtures, and partitions.
• Repair and replace electrical switches, small motor controls, fuses, lighting equipment, and install drop cords.
• Perform all assigned work to rig, move and install small machines/equipment. Assemble, test and inspect equipment.
• Complete rough carpentry, pipefitting and plumbing.
• Ability to weld, machine, and participate in the fabrication of custom equipment is beneficial.
• Supervise, train, and delegate work to the Maintenance and Cleaning staff.
• Oversee and assure cleanliness and orderliness of the building for the safety of employees and visitors.
• Evaluate damaged or aged equipment at the request of the Manufacturing Manager; consulting/recommending necessary repairs or replacement.
• Must be able to expedite required maintenance materials and track work order and labor reporting.
• Ability to define job requirements and assume responsibility for completion.
• This position may be required to perform miscellaneous duties not described within this description.
• High School diploma or equivalent, 5-10 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment
• Ability to read, speak, write, and understand English
• Highly effective verbal and written communication skills
• Positive attitude, pleasant demeanor, able to interact well intra-departmentally, with a respect for confidentiality
• Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical manufacturing equipment
• Ability to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematics, follow step-by-step troubleshooting guides, and lay out work
• Additional background in hydraulics, experience with PLC’s and special purpose machines beneficial
• Effective problem solving, judgment, and independent thinking skills for troubleshooting, repair and recognition of acceptable or unacceptable product quality
• Exhibits high degree of initiative and accountability
• Able to manage frequent interruptions and deadlines
• Lead/supervisory experience
• This individual must be flexible in their approach to the workday as our environment is dynamic due to ever changing production demands
• The ability to cross-train and be used in other departments as a production resource from time to time is imperative
• In a standard workday this person will be required to sit 10%, stand 30% or walk 20%, squat or kneel 10%, twist 10%, drive 10% and lift 10%
• This individual will be required to frequently lift from 1 to 35 lbs., and occasionally lift 35-75 lbs. The lifting may include: transferring, unloading and/or installing materials or parts, carrying ladders or hand tools. The magnitude of the lift will depend upon height requirements of the troubleshooting or repair operation
• Frequent lifting will be from floor to waist level, with occasional lifting from waist level to heights of 3-5 feet or higher, which will require extreme balance and coordination
• Fine manipulation is needed in handling tools, measuring instruments, and equipment. Dexterity is required for the operation of buttons and triggers of tools
• Perform frequent grasping motions with hands, pushing/pulling of arms when installing or repairing, operating tools, or hand jack equipment
• Visual requirements include excellent number and depth perception, competent blueprint reading abilities, eye-hand coordination, ability to read measurement devices, and directions
• In this position one may come in contact with all types of plant hazards: mechanical, electrical, and chemical. Temperature and humidity conditions of the environment are normal, with no unusual atmospheric conditions
• Utilizes proper personal protective equipment, which may include: safety glasses, face mask, ear plugs, gloves, safety shoes or boots. The type of maintenance function will dictate what personal protective equipment is required.
• Total awareness of the plant environment, operation of equipment and handling of materials is required as it pertains to the safety of oneself and others
Here at Royal Basket Trucks we are continuously building a team that is committed to our growth and success. Our future accomplishments are intimately linked to our continual practice of our Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Quality, Hard Work and Embracing Change.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and skills relating to the position being filled. Benefits include health and dental insurance along with an attractive 401(k) plan.
We manufacture material handling carts and solutions used in Hospitality, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Athletics, Education and Recycling. Our facilities are located in Darien, Wisconsin, less than 30 miles from Whitewater, Janesville, Beloit or Lake Geneva.