As the Quality Assurance and Control Manager, you will maintain, continuously improve, and bring an enhanced level of discipline to our Quality Management System (QMS), working closely with internal departments to ensure all aspects of the QMS is understood, implemented, and maintained. The Quality Assurance Manager will act indirectly as the voice of the customer ensuring that all requirements are implemented, documented, and carried out in a manner consistent with customer, vendor, and company specifications.
In this role you would be responsible for the improvement and maintenance of the QMS including procedures, product and vendor specifications, data collection and reporting, work instruction development, and quality training. The Quality Assurance Manager will work collaboratively with our Operations Manager as well as other members of our multi-disciplinary management teams.
Through continual practice of our core values; Integrity, Respect, Quality, Hard Work, and Embracing Change, Royal Basket is committed to providing an environment that cultivates our employee’s personal and professional growth. As a team we share in the success and growth of our company.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Production and Operations Management with development and implementation of corrective actions and appropriate documentation in response to audit and inspection findings.
• Assist Operations Management in the development of policies, processes, and procedures as needed and orchestrate the development and implementation of a formal Work Instruction program.
• Collaborate with Sales, Engineering, Production, Customer Service, and IT Teams for new item setup, establishment of product specifications, production processes, labeling, and packaging requirements.
• Assist IT and Operations in the creation and implementation of improved data collection and reporting tools, so that quality metrics are easily collected, reviewed, and actionable.
• Develop QA plans by identifying critical control points and preventive measures, monitoring adherence to procedures, and implementing corrective actions. Implement inspection procedures of incoming purchased materials, or product and materials at various stages of assembly, and of product completion, packaging and shipment.
• Conduct investigations into incidents, quality issues, and complaints. Document findings, perform trend analysis, and communicate to management, employees, and vendors as appropriate.
• Proactively identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement to include: Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, and 5S.
• Interview, hire, and train departmental employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address personnel complaints and resolve problems.
At Royal, we have the desire to rebuild and retool our current QMS and its processes. Previous experience with building a Quality Assurance and Control Department is required.
How you will do it...
• Maintain overall quality standards and ensure product and process conformance.
• Support Continuous Improvement activities to enhance and grow all aspects of our quality system.
• Work with Engineering, Sales, Materials Management, and Manufacturing to ensure new product launches are completed efficiently and cost-effectively.
• Lead, train, develop, and supervise quality assurance technicians in the use of tools, measuring systems, charting, QA procedures and techniques, troubleshooting, and supplier relations; effectively manage and oversee the team’s daily responsibilities.
• Be the architect and key driver of a multi-disciplinary team committed to the development of a useful company-wide work instruction program.
• Work closely with Materials Management to resolve and prevent the recurrence of supplier quality issues.
• Conduct audits (internal, systems, supplier) including closing out audit findings, creating audit reports, and following findings through corrective and preventive actions.
• Assist in creating and maintaining meaningful and actionable company quality documentation.
• Analyze failures (internal, customer, supplier, warranty) to determine corrective actions needed; responds through Sales and Customer Service to customer complaints.
• Conduct root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions including verification activities.
• Audit current product and material specifications and establish where none currently exist.
• Prepare weekly and monthly reports, graphs, and presentations of quality issues as needed.
• Perform supplier quality audits and quality system audits.
• Analyze data and recommend appropriate action.
• Govern the systematic disposition of discrepant material and report for the purpose of inventory adjustment.
• Establish and monitor all in-house testing.
• Provide leadership in troubleshooting; analyze and resolve material and internal conflicts that may cause an interruption of delivery of quality products.
What you will bring to Royal:
• Bachelor’s degree or proven equivalent experience of five or more years.
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt at a minimum, Black Belt preferred.
• Must demonstrate the highest degree of business ethics, integrity, and effective leadership skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels internally and externally.
• Must be able to perform all quality assurance auditor/inspector duties.
• Must possess highly effective verbal and written communication skills and be fluent in English.
• Must have excellent computer skills using MS Office suite products, MS Dynamics GP is a plus.
• Mathematical skills are required with the ability to read part drawings and/or blueprints, with knowledge in statistical applications.
• Must possess excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills including 8D’s, 5-Why’s, etc.
Royal Basket Trucks recognizes the importance of providing our team members with a culture where people feel free to share their ideas and opinions, where they are trusted with the autonomy to use their talents and experience to craft creative solutions to unique problems, and where they share in the success from having a meaningful impact on the team and our customers. We also understand the importance of providing our team members and their families with high quality benefits, as part of their overall compensation package. We have developed a comprehensive benefits package that delivers outstanding value while satisfying the diverse needs of our workforce.
Benefits offered include:
• Competitive Salary
• Paid Time Off
• Education reimbursement
• Outstanding 401K
Here at Royal Basket Trucks we are continuously building a team that is committed to our growth and success. Our future accomplishments are intimately linked to our continual practice of our Core Values: Integrity, Respect, Quality, Hard Work and Embracing Change.
We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience and skills relating to the position being filled. Benefits include health and dental insurance along with an attractive 401(k) plan.
We manufacture material handling carts and solutions used in Hospitality, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Athletics, Education and Recycling. Our facilities are located in Darien, Wisconsin, less than 30 miles from Whitewater, Janesville, Beloit or Lake Geneva.