Part-time Position 28 hours per week.
Primary Responsibilities include:
This individual performs a variety of support and clerical services for the Laredo Community Coalition. This position is primarily responsible for 1) maintaining membership databases, 2) notifying Coalition members of activities and events, 3) assisting in setting up and hosting coalition meetings, and 4) performing general clerical duties including word processing and filing.
• A high school diploma or GED is required. An Associate’s degree or at least 60 hours of college credit are preferred.
• At least two years prior work experience performing similar work is preferred.
• Must be bilingual (English and Spanish).
• Work flexible hours, as needed.
• Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Valid TX driver’s license, good driving record, current insurance, and reliable transportation required.
• Know how to use office equipment like copier, scanner, fax, etc.
Salary $9.50 to $10.50 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Application Deadline: Until Position is filled.
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 35-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 16 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Frio, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kleberg, LaSalle, Maverick, Real, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.