Case Manager Full-Time Temporary Position (Position will end on September 29, 2023)
To assist in the management of day-to-day operation of SCAN Emergency Youth Shelter. Conduct intakes, screenings, and assessments on all runaway and homeless youth referred. Provide comprehensive case management services for all RHY program youth.
- Provide comprehensive case management to all RHY youth.
- Conduct intake on all RHY youth referred.
- Interview all program youth, develop an action plan that addresses housing, employment, job training, education and entitlements, and family reunification.
- Assist program youth with social service needs, referring them to and collaborating with other organizations as appropriate; advocate with agencies for youth as needed.
Comprehensive case management includes but is not limited to outreach, intakes, assessment, individual case plans, referrals, housing assistance location, advocacy, orientation of youth to shelter.
- Attends all relevant meetings to position, i.e. monthly staff meetings, social service meetings and other meetings on an as needed basis, Work with clubs, schools and congregations that provide donations, furniture and holiday gifts for program youth.
- Keeps accurate and up to date case files, collects all needed data for reporting.
- Conduct periodic life skills classes to include such subject matter as budgeting and other daily living skills.
- Conduct weekly house meetings (with current residents)
- Assist emergency shelter youth with access to telephone, computer and resources.
- Maintain knowledge of community resources.
The Case Manager reports directly to the Shelter Administrator.
Education and Experience:
Associate Degree or Bachelor's degree preferred
Two years experience in a social service environment
One year of experience with working with the homeless population is preferred.
Knowledge of local government and social service programs desire. Strong problem solving skills and an ability to make guest comfortable and trusting is critical. Ability to be a good team player. Ability to balance participant time, phone time, and paperwork time is essential. Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks is necessary. The successful candidate for the Case Manager is an enthusiastic individual with good judgement and compassion for others.
Counseling skills: ability and experience in counseling clients in a social service setting
Communications skills, oral and written: ability to make presentations
Planning and organizational skills: ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Interpersonal skills: ability to work effectively with a wide range of people
Leadership skills: ability to make decisions and solve problems
The Case Manager works a 40-hour week with on-call hours. Some weekends are required.
Salary range: $15.00 to $18.00 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Benefits for Full-Time Positions include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Leave
- 401 K Retirement Plan
- Bi-weekly pay (direct deposit)
- Dental and Vision insurance coverage available at minimal cost
- Orientation and job training provided and CPI/CPR -First Aid
- Great work environment
Deadline: Until Position is filled
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 39-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 14 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kinney, LaSalle, Maverick, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.
View all company job openings