Custodian - 1 Full-Time Position – 40 hours per week
Monday through Friday: 10:00 AM – 12:00 noon and 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
• Provide basic cleaning work of SCAN, Inc. offices ensuring they are kept in a clean and professional looking appearance.
• Must cleaning lobby, bathrooms, breakrooms, offices, storage rooms, conference rooms and meeting rooms thoroughly. Duties include emptying trash, dusting, sweeping, and moping as well as thoroughly cleaning all bathrooms.
• Walking, standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting, carrying, turning and/or pushing or pulling 40 lbs. or more, but requires the ability to use good judgment in determining the best method and equipment to complete the task
• Dumping of heavy trash receptacles
• Perform floor care / cleaning (vinyl tile floors & tile)
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs
• 2 years paid work experience required
• Must be bilingual (English and Spanish)
• Must have a valid TX Driver’s license and reliable transportation
Salary $10 an hour plus benefits
Deadline: January 23, 2019 at 5 PM
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 35-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 16 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Frio, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kleberg, LaSalle, Maverick, Real, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.