Full-Time Positions Available
SCAN-LISD AWARE Project (Webb County)
- Seeking highly motivated and responsible individual that wants to work in the field of drug prevention and intervention.
Founded in 1982 in Laredo, Texas, SCAN is a leading provider of social services in South Texas. The SCAN-LISD AWARE Project in Laredo, Webb County, Texas will increase SCAN'S ability to foster mental health awareness and resiliency among youth and their families by implementing a three-tiered public health model, which includes evidence-based universal and secondary prevention and tertiary intervention strategies among Laredo ISD students and their family members and employees of the school district.
- Provide secondary (selective) prevention services using evidence-based curriculum-based drug prevention education to project participants.
- Provide universal prevention activities including community outreach, information dissemination, and presentations on alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs (ATOD) to youth and their family members.
- Screen and assess eligible participants.
- Provide case management.
- Provide referrals to other support services.
- An associate's degree or the equivalent (60 hours of college credit) is required. A bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, sociology, criminal justice, or related behavioral science field is preferred.
- At least 6 months to 1 year of work experience providing substance abuse prevention/intervention services to adolescents and/or adults is preferred, but not required.
- Experience providing curriculum-based education is preferred, but not required.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) skills are a plus, but not required.
- A valid TX driver's license, insurance, and reliable transportation are required.
Work Schedule and Compensation:
- Flexible work schedule is 7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Salary: $18.27 hour
Benefits for this Full-Time Position Include:
- Paid Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Bi-weekly Pay (direct deposit)
- Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage available at minimal cost
- Detailed Orientation and Ongoing Job Training Provided
- Great Work Environment!
Deadline: Until positions are filled
At SCAN, Our Passion is Helping People!
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 39-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 14 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kinney, LaSalle, Maverick, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.
View all company job openings