1 Full-Time Position in Maverick County (40 hrs. per week)
Family Support Specialist for the FAYS Family and Youth Success Program
The FAYS program addresses family conflict and everyday struggles while promoting strong families and youth resilience. FAYS offers one-on-one coaching or counseling with a trained professional and group-based learning for youth and parents. FAYS program also operates a 24-hour hotline for families having urgent needs.
The FAYS program helps youth 6-17 years of age and their caregiver learn to overcome challenges and develop and succeed in healthy ways.
The FAYS Youth and Family Program Family Support Specialist is required to work with the family and youth to identify the presenting concern and subsequent concerns, identify the family and individual’s strengths and use an evidenced-based program to help clients resolve problematic behavior and build effective coping strategies.
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Recruit, screen, and assess youth to determine their needs and eligibility.
2. Provide face to face crisis intervention services.
3. Provide individual and family skill building sessions.
4. Provide parenting education and youth coping skills groups.
5. Must travel to Dimmit County as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in the Behavioral Sciences.
• Must be bilingual (English/Spanish).
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
• One year of prevention experience working with children, youth or families preferred.
• Health Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Sick Leave
• 401K Retirement Plan
• Bi-Weekly pay via direct deposit
• Dental and vision insurance coverage available at minimal cost
• Orientation and Job training provided
• Exceptional work environment.
Hourly Rate: $16.83- $17.79 depending on qualifications and experience.
Apply on-line at www.scan-inc.org or mail application to 1605 Saldaña Ave, Laredo, TX 78041 or Fax application to 956-725-8367
Deadline: Until position is filled.
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 39-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 14 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kinney, LaSalle, Maverick, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.