Home Visitor – SafeCare Provider
Founded in 1982 in Laredo, Texas, SCAN is a leading provider of social services in South Texas. SCAN offers a friendly and supportive working environment that encourages personal and professional growth.
Project HOPES is committed to the prevention of child abuse and neglect through education and early intervention in Laredo and Webb County.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides curriculum-based education sessions to primary adult caregivers of young children ages 0-5 in their homes to prevent abuse and neglect.
• Provides case management and referrals.
• Administers data collection instruments and records data collected.
• Documents all services provided and maintains participant charts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a broad spectrum of people
• Resourceful problem solver who takes initiative
• Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills
• Ability to multi-task while managing multiple projects
• Ability to work independently as well as to be a contributing team member
• Maintain a positive attitude as a reflective learner and educator
• Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Suite
• A bachelor’s degree in Psychology and at least 2 years experience working directly with families.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Bilingual (English-Spanish) is required.
• Two year of work experience providing services to at-risk adults that included making home visits is preferred.
• Ability to occasionally work some evening hours.
• Reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license are required.
Benefits for this Full-Time Position Include:
• Paid Health & Life Insurance
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
• 401K Retirement Plan
• Bi-weekly Pay (direct deposit)
• Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage available at minimal cost
• Detailed Orientation and Ongoing Job Training Provided
Positions Available: 1
Closing: Until position is filled.
Salary: $16.25-$19.23 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 39-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 14 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kinney, LaSalle, Maverick, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.