1 Full-Time Position
Intervention Specialist for the Parenting Awareness and Drug Risk Education (PADRE) Intervention Program.
The PADRE Program provides community-based, gender-specific outreach and intervention services for adolescent and adult males, who are fathers or are expectant fathers, with substance use disorders or who are at risk of developing substance use disorders and involved with DFPS.
Primary responsibilities include:
1. Recruit, screen, and assess all participants in order to determine their needs and eligibility.
2. Provide intervention services to program participants using an evidence-based education curriculum.
3. Conduct case management, home visits, intervention counseling sessions, referrals to support services, alternative activities, and information dissemination.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the Behavioral Sciences.
• Be a Qualified Credentialed Counselor (QCC), a supervised LCDC counselor intern (CI), or eligible to obtain status as an LCDC counselor intern.
• Must be fluently bilingual (English/Spanish).
• Must have reliable transportation, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license.
Salary of $13.62 to $16.83 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Deadline: Until Position is filled.
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 35-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 16 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Frio, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kleberg, LaSalle, Maverick, Real, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.