Full-Time Positions Available
Mental Health Counselor
SCAN-LISD AWARE Project (Webb County)
- Seeking highly motivated and responsible individual that wants to work in the field of drug prevention and intervention.
Founded in 1982 in Laredo, Texas, SCAN is a leading provider of social services in South Texas. The SCAN-LISD AWARE Project in Laredo, Webb County, Texas will increase SCAN'S ability to foster mental health awareness and resiliency among youth and their families by implementing a three-tiered public health model, which includes evidence-based universal and secondary prevention and tertiary intervention strategies among Laredo ISD students and their family members and employees of the school district.
- Provide evidence-based behavioral care utilizing a variety of counseling modalities (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Brief-Solution-Focused Counseling, etc.) to project participants.
- Provide evidence-based comprehensive screening and assessment using a variety of instruments.
- Provide comprehensive case management and referral services and detailed documentation of all project services provided to participants.
- A master's degree in the behavioral sciences is required.
- Must be an LPC or LPC Associate (free supervision by a SCAN LPC-S will be provided to LPC Associates).
- Experience in the mental health field preferred.
- Experienced in providing evidence-based practices is preferred.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) skills are a plus, but not required.
- A valid TX driver's license, insurance, and reliable transportation are required.
Work Schedule and Compensation:
- Flexible work schedule is 7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Salary: $24.04 hour
Benefits for this Full-Time Position Include:
- Paid Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Bi-weekly Pay (direct deposit)
- Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage available at minimal cost
- Detailed Orientation and Ongoing Job Training Provided
- Great Work Environment!
Deadline: Until positions are filled
At SCAN, Our Passion is Helping People!
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 39-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 14 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kinney, LaSalle, Maverick, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.
View all company job openings