Part-Time Position Available
Peer Recovery Leader (Part-time)
Youth Recovery Community Services Program (Webb County)
●Seeking highly motivated and responsible individual that wants to work in the field of recovery support for the youth population.
Founded in 1982 in Laredo, Texas, SCAN is a leading provider of social services in South Texas. SCAN's Youth Recovery Community Services (YRCS) Program has been designed to work with the recovery community in Webb County to implement and sustain peer-to-peer recovery support services for individuals between the ages of 13-21 with a history of substance use disorders. The YRCS program stresses on the importance and power of recovery, relies on people in recovery to help deliver services and promotes principles of self-care and cultural diversity.
- Provide direct support services in-person and virtually to youth program participants between the ages of 13-21 experiencing substance use problems.
- Assist the Program Director in recruiting and retaining program participants and developing collaborative relations in the community among key stakeholders.
- Documenting services provided to participants.
- The preferred candidate will be between 18-35 years of age.
- Must be in recovery for at least 6 months from substance misuse or a substance use disorder. (Note: If you have ever had a problem with alcohol and/or other drugs in the past and are no longer misusing or abusing these substances, we encourage you to apply. In the job application, you must explain your personal recovery experience with alcohol and/or other drugs and the number of months that you have been in recovery.)
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred. An associate's or bachelor's degree is a plus.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) skills are a plus, but not required.
- A valid TX driver's license, insurance, and reliable transportation are required.
Work Schedule and Compensation:
- The weekly work schedule will consist of 24-48 hours. Work hours may vary to accommodate program needs. Some weekend work may also be required.
- Salary: $15.00 to $15.38 per hour.
Deadline: Until position is filled.
At SCAN, Our Passion is Helping People!
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 39-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 14 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kinney, LaSalle, Maverick, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.
View all company job openings