Four (4) Full-Time Positions Available
Laredo Drug Prevention Alliance (LDPA) (Webb County)
●Seeking highly motivated and responsible individual that wants to work in the field of drug prevention.
Founded in 1982 in Laredo, Texas, SCAN is a leading provider of social services in South Texas. The Laredo Drug Prevention Alliance (LDPA) in Laredo, Webb County, Texas will help SCAN work to reduce the onset and progression of substance use and misuse among youth and young adults in the community. A major focus of the LDPA is on reducing underage drinking, vaping, and marijuana use. The LDPA also focuses on preventing underage tobacco cigarette use and opioid overdoses in the community.
- Provide universal prevention activities including evidence-based education, community outreach, information dissemination, drug-free alternative activities, and presentations on alcohol and other drugs, opioid overdose prevention, and mental health promotion to youth and adults.
- Provide selective and indicated prevention activities using evidence-based curriculums to youth and young adult program participants.
- Screen and assess eligible participants.
- Provide case management and accurately document all activities provided.
- Provide referrals to other support services.
- An associate's degree or the equivalent (60 hours of college credit) is required.
- A bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, sociology, criminal justice, or related behavioral science field is preferred.
- At least 6 months to 1 year of work experience providing substance abuse prevention/intervention services to adolescents and/or adults is preferred, but not required.
- Experience providing curriculum-based education is preferred, but not required.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) skills are a plus, but not required.
- A valid TX driver's license, insurance, and reliable transportation are required.
Work Schedule and Compensation:
Benefits for this Full-Time Position Include:
- Flexible work schedule is 7:30 a.m.-8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Salary: $18.00 per hour.
- Paid Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Bi-weekly Pay (direct deposit)
- Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage available at minimal cost
- Detailed Orientation and Ongoing Job Training Provided
- Great Work Environment!
Until positions are filled.Creating Stronger Communities by Empowering People
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 39-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 14 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kinney, LaSalle, Maverick, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.
View all company job openings