1 Full-time (40 hours per week) Prevention Specialist:
South Texas Prevention Navigation Program in Webb County.
Duties: Provide evidence-based substance abuse, HIV, and hepatitis C prevention services to adolescents and young adults including drug prevention education sessions, prevention counseling, HIV and hepatitis C rapid testing, and case management.
• A bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, sociology, criminal justice, or related behavioral science field from an accredited college or university is required.
• At least 6 months to 1 year of work experience providing substance abuse and/or HIV prevention/intervention services to adolescents and/or adults is preferred.
• Experience providing curriculum-based prevention education is preferred.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
• Must have good computer skills, a valid TX driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance, and be able to work flexible hours.
Salary range: $13.62 to $14.42 per hour depending on experience and qualifications.
Deadline is Friday, January 11, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 35-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 16 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Frio, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kleberg, LaSalle, Maverick, Real, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.