1 Full-Time Position Available
Recovery Coach (Full-time)
Drop-In Center Program (Webb County)
●Seeking highly motivated and responsible individual that wants to work in the field of recovery support.
Founded in 1982 in Laredo, Texas, SCAN is a leading provider of social services in South Texas. SCAN’s Drop-In Center Program provides services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and it is designed to offer inclusive and comprehensive services for individuals experiencing crisis events or problem with substances.The Drop-In Center seeks to reduce harm associated with substance use, including overdose and death, and increase recovery initiation.
- Provide comprehensive harm reduction services and recovery support services to adolescent and adult program participants experiencing substance use problems.
- Provide naloxone and administration training to program participants.
- Provide life-skills and curriculum-based education sessions to participants.
- Provide alcohol, tobacco, and other drug (ATOD) positive alternative activities to participants.
- Provide Behavioral Health and Wellness positive alternative activities to participants.
- Assist the Program Director in recruiting and retaining program participants and developing collaborative relations in the community among key stakeholders.
- Documenting services provided to participants.
• Applicants for this position must have had prior history of substance abuse or misuse. Must be in recovery for at least 6 months from substance misuse or a substance use disorder. (Note: If you have ever had a problem with alcohol and/or other drugs in the past and are no longer misusing or abusing these substances, we encourage you to apply. In the job application, you must explain your personal recovery experience with alcohol and/or other drugs and the number of months that you have been in recovery.)
• A high school diploma or GED is preferred. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is a plus.
• Very good or good English skills (speaking, reading, writing) are required.
• A valid TX driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation are required.
Work Schedule and Compensation:
• The work schedule is 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday; Tuesday and Friday is 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Work hours may vary to accommodate program needs. Some weekend work may also be required.
• Salary: $15.00 to $15.38 per hour.
Benefits for this Full-Time Position Include:
- Paid Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Bi-weekly Pay (direct deposit)
- Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage available at minimal cost
- Detailed Orientation and Ongoing Job Training Provided
- Great Work Environment!
Deadline: Until position is filled.
At SCAN, Our Passion is Helping People!
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 39-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 14 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kinney, LaSalle, Maverick, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.
View all company job openings