Part-Time Position Available- 28 Hours/Week
Recovery Coach – Todo Es Posible Recovery Support Services Program
• Provide recovery support services to adult program participants experiencing opioid substance use problems.
• Assist the Program Director in recruiting and retaining program participants and developing collaborative relations in the community among key stakeholders.
• Documenting services provided to participants.
• The preferred candidate must be in recovery from opioids (such as heroin, fentanyl, and pain relievers like oxycodone and hydrocodone) or other drugs for at least six (6) consecutive months. (Note: In the job application, you must explain your personal recovery experience with opioids or other drugs and the number of months that you have been in recovery.)
• A high school diploma or GED is required. An associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• The ability to communicate effectively in English and Spanish is preferred.
• A valid TX driver’s license, insurance, and reliable transportation are required.
Work Schedule and Compensation:
Work schedule is Monday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays or Sundays from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
A salary of $11.75 to $13.75 per hour is provided depending on qualifications and experience.
Deadline: Until position is filled.
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 35-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 16 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Frio, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kleberg, LaSalle, Maverick, Real, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.