JOB TITLE: STREET OUTREACH WORKER - Part-Time Position (20-24 Hours per week)
• Conduct street outreach activities evenings and weekends looking for homeless adult individuals.
• Link homeless individuals to SCAN’s Hogar Para Todos Program and other community resources.
• Provide crisis intervention services to homeless individuals.
• Develop and maintain case management plans for individual clients.
• A high school diploma or GED plus at least 60 hours of college credits.
• Equivalent street outreach/adult experience may be substituted for education on a year-by-year basis.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and a good driving record.
• Bilingual Spanish/English.
• Personal experience with homelessness or street life preferred.
Knowledge or Prior Work Experience In:
• Harm reduction, crisis intervention, and street outreach
• Issues facing homeless individuals
• Issues related to substance use
• Experience working with adults who have substance abuse issues
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with adults.
• Relate comfortably with homeless population on the street.
• Respect the ideas and feelings of population.
DEADLINE: Open until filled
SALARY: $11/hour to $13/hour plus benefits depending on experience and qualifications
• NOTE: Resumes without applications or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 35-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 16 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Frio, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kleberg, LaSalle, Maverick, Real, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.