SCAN’S Youth Recovery Home has 1 Part-time Youth Care Worker Position.
Youth Recovery Home is a gender specific residential substance abuse treatment program for male adolescents ages 13-17. The Youth Care Worker (YCW) is responsible for providing direct care supervision for youth residing at SCAN'S Youth Recovery Home.
- Must provide Direct Care Services to youth always maintaining line-of-sight to ensure that appropriate supervision levels are continuously met.
- Develop positive rapport with youth while serving as a role model to create a safe and caring environment.
- Responsible for the transition and movement of youth from one activity to the next and one physical location to another.
- Ensure that the daily recreational activities as required by the state are performed.
- Ensure all forms and shift notes are properly completed at the end of the shift to ensure compliance with state requirements.
- Be able to distribute medications to youth as prescribed by youth's Medical Provider.
- Serve as a Substitute Teacher in the absence of the Teacher in a classroom setting.
- Must assist in the evacuation of youth as needed due to inclement weather conditions, natural disasters, or other unforeseen occurrences as per agency's evacuation plan.
- Attend meetings to convey youth's progress as required.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and hazard-free facility. Tasks include regular maintenance and general cleaning of common areas including restrooms and kitchen, laundry duty, and general maintenance of outdoor areas.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned within your scope of work and responsibility.
- Able to work the 7 days of the week with 2 days off on either one of the following shifts: (7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.); (3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.); or (11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.)
• High school diploma, GED, or associate degree
• Valid Texas Driver’s License with good driving record.
• Position requires the availability to work any shift assigned.
• Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English and Spanish.
• Minimum age of 21 years or older.
• Clean criminal background check.Benefits for Part-time positions include:
- 401 K Retirement Plan
- Bi-weekly pay (direct deposit)
- Orientation and job training provided, including CPR, First Aid and CPI
- Great work environment
Salary: $15.00/hour and with a bachelor's degree $17.00/hour.
Application available at SCAN, Inc. Administrative Office located at 1605 Saldana Ave. M-F 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM and at www.scan-inc.org
Application deadline: Until Position is filled.
NO PHONE CALLS
Serving Children and Adults in Need (SCAN) was officially formed in 1982 as Stop Child Abuse and Neglect in Laredo, Texas. Today, SCAN is a community-based, nonprofit social services organization with a 39-year history of providing a variety of comprehensive and culturally sensitive services to a population that is almost 95% Hispanic and which resides along the Texas-Mexico Border in Southwest Texas. SCAN programs provide diverse prevention, intervention, and treatment services for children, adolescents, adults, and families. At SCAN, our passion is helping people, and we constantly strive to foster the healthy development of families in the communities that we serve. With a budget of more than $10 million, SCAN has more than 40 programs providing services in 14 different counties.
Counties are: Cameron, Dimmit, Duval, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kinney, LaSalle, Maverick, Starr, Uvalde, Val Verde, Webb, Zapata and Zavala.
View all company job openings