POSITION TITLE: Assistant Residence Manager
DEPARTMENT: Community Residential Supports
REPORTS TO: Residence Manager, Designated Coordinator
STAFF SUPERVISED: Direct Support Professional
SALARY RANGE: $12.25 - $15.00 per hour
Provides supervision of service delivery in one residential setting; providing orientation, training, coaching, and correction for direct support employees to attain the highest possible standards of client care. Provides direct supervision for direct care shifts each work week, in addition provides backup supervision support for the Residence Manager. Is responsible for splitting emergency on-call duties for that site with the Residence Manager. Provides transportation and support for client medical appointments as scheduled, and transportation and support for client community activities.
EDUCATIONS/CERTIFICATION: High school graduate or GED.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: One year of previous related experience required; previous supervision experience preferred.
o Good communication skills.
o Attentive to detail and accurate.
o Well organized.
o Cooperative and willing to assist others.
o Able to confront unacceptable performance in others with frankness and clarity.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AREAS:
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AREA 1-PROGRAM SKILLS: All programmatic elements are maintained, updated, communicated and documented accurately. Effectively manage all key performance metrics within acceptable company expectations and budgetary guidelines.
1. All Clients are safe and cared for with respect in accordance with the highest standards both internally (policy/procedure) and externally (County, State).
2. Tracks all client medications and medical supplies by conducting weekly medication and supply counts to determine proper reorder points; ensures proper supply delivery and medication pickup or delivery.
3. Evaluate staff completion and accuracy of all Behavioral support plans, ISP Programs, health tracking, and plans for community activities for clients.
4. Attends appointments with clients and completes appointment reports; ensures new medications ordered by the physician are filled, and updates the MAR.
5. Provides oversight and execution of the Residential Home Support plan to include routine menu planning, and preparing of shopping lists for groceries and household supplies to ensure DSPs have what is needed to efficiently function and care for clients on a daily basis.
6. All petty cash, company credit cards, client financials, and company assets are properly handled and protected from unnecessary risk, misuse, or loss.
7. Manages residence budgets within company parameters for residence groceries, supplies, and client funds; reconciles each account’s expenses and monthly submits all receipts.
8. Overtime is managed to a minimum and utilized only when absolutely necessary with proper authorization from Residence Manager.
9. Medication Administration and Documentation errors are kept at a minimum for all staff.
10. All month end paper work is completed accurately and turned into the office by requested deadlines.
11. Transports routine mail between residence and SCS Operations Center and keeps blank forms stocked in the residence files.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AREA 2-PROPERTY OVERSIGHT: Ensure a safe and well maintained environment for clients and staff by meeting all Rule 203 compliance.
1. Ensure a safe and well maintained home for clients and staff by meeting all Rule 203 compliance through Otter Tail County, Federal OSHA standards, and industry best practices for worker safety.
2. Provides oversight of all maintenance needs in the home including the vehicle maintenance; which includes the completion of the vehicle maintenance record.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AREA 3-LEADERSHIP: Create an engaging working environment and promote enthusiastic involvement and development. Provide supervision of service delivery through training, coaching, and correction for staff.
1. Limit employee turnover by effectively supervising all staff and create an engaging working environment that empowers staff and promotes enthusiastic involvement.
2. Communicate the value of each employee by offering timely performance feedback and display genuine interest in their professional development and work-life balance.
3. Provide training support at the residence for initial orientation, and all mandatory and supplemental trainings necessary to ensure staff is effective in their roles.
4. Provide emergency on-call duties in partnership with the Residence Manager for the home.
5. Communicate significant employment events to the Residence Manager and Human Resources Manager as necessary.
PERFORMANCE REVIEW AREA 4-PROFESSIONALISM: The personal commitment to uphold professional standards and values demonstrated through effective interpersonal skills, communication, time management, and problem-solving. Possess the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner with a high level of excellence. Be able to respond to situations and individuals fairly and effectively.
1. Demonstrates industry and company awareness; integrates key company messages into all interaction and communication with clients, coworkers, and the community.
2. Attends Manager Trainings and other scheduled continuing education and professional development opportunities.
3. Report directly to the Residence Manager for the accurate and effective delivery of client services.
4. Report directly to the Residence Manager for all residential compliance, procedures, and best practices.
5. Consistently displays sound judgement and respect for professional and clinical boundaries in all interactions with clients to ensure a healthy, therapeutic environment.
6. Ensures team members comply with company policies and procedures through observation, training, coaching, corrective feedback, and other disciplinary intervention as needed.
7. Demonstrates leadership by example, modeling client support skills consistently and routinely for team members; shows no hesitation to work “should to shoulder” with members scheduling a minimum of 80% of hours worked as direct care supervisory shifts each week.
Synstelien Community Services is a licensed provider of residential community services for vulnerable adults. We provide caring therapeutic treatment and daily living supports for people with physical and developmental disabilities, brain injuries, and mental illness.