Opening for Asset Management Specialist who will ensure rental projects are in compliance with tax credit program regulatory agreements, investing limited partner requirements, and Rural Development, HUD, state and local agencies and conventional lender requirements. Fulfillment of responsibilities will require some travel conducting site visits at various projects.
• Ensure the physical condition of 30 SHE rental projects are maintained to SHE standards
• Assist in preparation of individual rental project budgets and monitor to see projects perform within budgets
• Perform capital needs assessments at all rental projects and oversee capital improvements
• Work with property management firm and on-site rental managers to ensure successful operation of projects
• Ability to work well with on-site managers and with our management company.
• Strong accounting skills.
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, and project management tools).
• Ability to analyze data and trends, and create and maintain records.
• Work with funders, regulators, and other SHE partners
• A four-year college degree, or equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and success in related professional field.
These additional qualifications are highly related to the work of an Asset Management Specialist. Experience or skills related to these qualifications are helpful:
• Knowledge of State and Federal housing programs and/or the housing development process.
• Experience in preparation and interpretation of statistical data regarding unit vacancy rates, turnover and occupancy reports.
• Knowledge of property management and asset management with experience in each.
• Knowledge with County Property Assessment and Welfare Exemption filing.
• Construction management skill for capital improvement projects.
• Experience and success in grant funding proposals.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPOLOYER
Self-Help Enterprises is a nationally recognized community development organization whose mission is to work together with low-income families to build and sustain healthy homes and communities. In the last 50+ years, Self-Help Enterprises’ efforts have touched the lives of over 50,000 families.
Equal Opportunity Employer