Self-Help Enterprises has an opening for a Homeownership Counselor. The counselor works with families to prepare them for homeownership - covering issues such as budgeting, credit repair, and financial management. A strong ability to work with a diverse group of participants, clearly teach/share information, and a close attention to detail are all required for the position. Homeownership classes are taught in both English and Spanish, so bilingual fluency is required for this position.
- Recruit, coordinate and schedule counseling courses and classes
- Teach homeownership classes following established curriculum
- Provide group and individual counseling
- Help prepare families for homeownership or other opportunities through financial education, credit counseling, etc.
- Experience in teaching or training
- Knowledge of financial management, banking budgeting, credit repair and building
- Knowledge of various lending products
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information
- Demonstrated skill with office equipment and computer software (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Bilingual English/Spanish required
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Self-Help Enterprises is a nationally recognized community development organization whose mission is to work together with low-income families to build and sustain healthy homes and communities. In the last 50+ years, Self-Help Enterprises’ efforts have touched the lives of over 50,000 families.
Equal Opportunity Employer