Outreach and Marketing Specialist candidates will be a dynamic self-starter able to engage all facets of participant and community outreach (organization, recruitment, program marketing, participant and staff events, and resource development). The position will be part of our Strategic Partnership and Real Estate Development teams and may have opportunities to support program recruitment efforts and marketing of all SHE programs.
· Generate quality leads through established and approved methods such as client referrals, door to door canvassing, research of census, survey and engagement of community organizations (i.e. chamber of commerce, property management companies), data pull/research of clients served by our organization and word of mouth.
· Coordinate, plan, collaborate, and attends community events geared towards outreach and meeting housing needs of the communities we serve.
· Work in collaboration with SHE staff to develop and implement strategic outreach/recruitment initiatives and program goals within targeted communities.
· Learn and understand program goals and requirements to ensure compliance according to funding sources’ policies and procedures
· Conduct research to identify, recruit eligible participants
· Conduct research to connect and establish relationships with community partners and local organizations to leverage and increase outreach efforts
· Coordinate, plan, organize and execute information sessions, events, workshops, webinars, trainings and presentations, exhibition tables, and initiatives specifically tailored to the targeted communities (in-person and virtual)
· Build and maintain relationships with the targeted communities through active engagement and outreach efforts.
· Track and analyze outreach activities and data to assess effectiveness against established metrics and provide recommendations on future strategies.
· Generate leads from canvassing potential clients.
· Serve as the organization’s liaison with targeted communities
· Increase and promote the organization programs and services within the targeted communities
· Collaborate with internal team to produce outreach and recruitment marketing material such as flyers, power point presentations, digital content, social media campaigns, email campaigns, etc. for targeted communities
· Work closely with SHE staff to plan, publicize and implement events and activities
· Represent SHE to community groups, partners, and funding sources.
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse audiences, including local residents, community-based organizations, and peers.
· Knowledge and experience of general outreach and marketing practices and procedures including research and direct person to person outreach.
· Strong computer literacy and comfort with technology, including knowledge of standard business office software for presentations, word processing, and spreadsheets.
· Appropriate education and/or work experience related to the duties of the position.
· Bilingual English/Spanish required.
· Position requires travel throughout the SHE service area – mileage reimbursement or rental car is provided.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Self-Help Enterprises is a nationally recognized community development organization whose mission is to work together with low-income families to build and sustain healthy homes and communities. In the last 50+ years, Self-Help Enterprises’ efforts have touched the lives of over 50,000 families.
Equal Opportunity Employer