Permanent Supportive Housing Specialist
Enterprises has an opening for a Housing Specialist to focus on Resident
Services with SHE’s Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) residents. The Housing
Specialist will report to the PSH Assistant Director and engage in services toward the
goal of improving independent living skills and housing retention of enrolled
participants. The Housing Specialist will serve as a direct contact for PSH
residents, providing friendly support and frequent opportunities for resident
feedback that will allow SHE to evolve and improve the PSH program. In addition to providing some direct services
to PSH households, the Housing Specialist will also support, coordinate, and
monitor high-quality programs and activities provided by partnering service
providers. These efforts will support SHE’s ‘Housing First’ efforts across our
rental housing portfolio. Clinical or social services background in serving
marginalized populations is important.
- Work with diverse and marginalized groups and
individuals experiencing barriers including homelessness, complex trauma,
medical and mental health needs, and substance use disorder.
- Perform outreach and engagement services in the
community to people referred to SHE’s housing projects.Meet with
participants and service providers to connect necessary services to
- Help provide safe and healthy spaces and activities for
resident development, skill building, and recreation.
- Work to support the effective communication between SHE
as the owner, service providers, the property management company and PSH
- Coordinate resident engagement activities to promote
community and build trust with PSH residents.
- Approach problem solving with a resident-centric,
trauma informed lens. This includes
working collaboratively with internal teams and external partners on
strategies for housing retention.
- Develop and maintain accurate files with required
documents and data in appropriate databases and filing systems. Maintain
PSH resident database with records of resident contact, referrals, and
engagement to identify trends, needs, opportunities, and outcomes. Assist PSH Manager with program
evaluation that ensures effective services and outcomes.
- Ensure services to residents emphasize participant
choice, harm reduction, trauma-informed care, and psycho-social
- Participate in staff meetings, individual and group
supervision, case conferences, and training opportunities.
- Assist in the planning and facilitation of new resident
orientation, resident engagement meetings, and operational meetings with
service providers and property management.
- Demonstrated track record and passion for working with individuals
and families experiencing homelessness, chronic illness, and/or complex
- Experience with crisis intervention
- Commitment to the ‘Housing First’ model and
trauma-informed service provisions
- Background in Social Work/Mental Health/Case Management
as evidenced by appropriate combination of education and/or work
- Ability to build trust, listen, and engage with a
diverse population or residents and partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a strong
team, embrace diversity, and recognize contributions
- Ability to establish deliverables and implement
- Ability to use Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel and other basic
computer software programs, including case management software
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout SHE’s
eight-county service area to perform job functions
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Pay: $4,297.00 to $6,666.00 per MONTH
Self-Help Enterprises is a nationally recognized community development organization whose mission is to work together with low-income families to build and sustain healthy homes and communities. In the last 50+ years, Self-Help Enterprises’ efforts have touched the lives of over 50,000 families.
Equal Opportunity Employer
View all company job openings