The Project Manager will work with disadvantaged community residents and coordinate with the Program Manager on implementing the disaster preparedness curriculum developed by the State of California for the Listos California Program Campaign.
• Design printed marketing materials using Publisher, Powerpoint, etc.
• Conduct community outreach and engagement activities to support community awareness and understanding of the emergency preparedness program.
• Track monthly invoices received from sub recipients and submit monthly reimbursement claims as well as quarterly progress reports.
• Prepare and monitor sub recipient agreements between Self-Help Enterprises and Local Community Based Organizations.
• Identify local community based organizations qualified to outreach to socially, economically, racially and physically vulnerable populations.
• Help local communities develop and implement disaster preparedness plans.
• Attend community meetings to listen and to provide project technical assistance.
Must be able to work independently and as a team member, be detail-oriented and maintain confidentiality of information. The ability to work effectively on multiple projects with tight deadlines is essential. Successful applicants will be self-starters and will demonstrate strong computer (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Powerpoint, etc.) skills and have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Requires 4 yr. degree or equivalent experience. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Self-Help Enterprises is a nationally recognized community development organization whose mission is to work together with low-income families to build and sustain healthy homes and communities. In the last 50+ years, Self-Help Enterprises’ efforts have touched the lives of over 50,000 families.
PLEASE NOTE: California applicants, DO NOT include past salary information in the "previous work experience" section. We are working to remove this language from the application.