2020 openings available for Swim Instructors!
The Swim Instructor is responsible for teaching group and private swim lessons and assisting in the development and implementation of the swim lesson program.
Description of Duties
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Create lesson plans for group swim lessons
• Teach group swim lessons
• Complete all required forms and records
• Ensure the safety of all program participants
• Inspect the facility at opening and closing
• Assist in implementation of lesson schedules
• Motivate, supervise, correct, and demonstrate skills to all program participants
• Maintain structure and discipline within a group setting
• Maintain availability for private lesson instruction
• Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Must be at least 15 years of age
• Must have some swim lesson instruction experience
• Must have great customer service and communication skills
• Must be extremely reliable with reliable transportation
• Must be punctual, on time, friendly, and have a positive attitude
• Must maintain a professional appearance at all times
• Basic pool knowledge
• Familiarity with American Red Cross Learn-To-Swim programs
• Ability to understand and follow set procedures
Education and Certifications
• High school student, graduate or equivalent
• Texas Driver’s License required
Thank you for your interest in employment with SafeGuard Aquatics. SGA is a team of aquatic professionals dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable recreational experience to the communities we serve. We are always looking to add new members to our team. SGA is an equal opportunity employer.
• We provide professional and comprehensive pool management services to home owner associations, municipalities, clubs, communities, resorts, and residential pools.
• We have many different opportunities for employment.
• SGA operates seasonally. As such, employment carry over from season to season is not guaranteed. SGA employees from past seasons must re-apply for employment each season.