Company Information Organization Name: Signature Protection Services
About Our Organization: Security officer
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Hiring Manager Job Title: Security Officer
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Employment Status: Full-time Regular
Primary Location: Inland Empire/ Riverside County
Other Locations: Corona, Riverside, Moreno Valley, Riverside
Guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules. May operate x-ray and metal detector equipment.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma - or the equivalent (for example, GED). Must meet minimum requirements of state licensing for security guard employment
• Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
• Must have access to reliable transportation
• Must submit to and pass a drug test , extensive background check; including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verification's
Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Active Learning- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
• Active Listening- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Critical Thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Learning Strategies- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
Monitoring- Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Reading Comprehension- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Science- Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
• Speaking- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Writing- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Coordination- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Instructing- Teaching others how to do something.
• Negotiation- Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
• Persuasion- Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
• Service Orientation- Actively looking for ways to help people.
• Social Perceptiveness- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Complex Problem Solving Skills
• Complex Problem Solving- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Equipment Maintenance- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
Judgment and Decision Making- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Time Management- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Primary Job Duties
• Patrol industrial or commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates.
• Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
• Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
• Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
• Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
• Circulate among visitors, patrons, or employees to preserve order and protect property.
• Answer telephone calls to take messages, answer questions, and provide information during non-business hours or when switchboard is closed.
• Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
• Lock doors and gates of entrances and exits to secure buildings.
• Respond to medical emergencies by administering basic first aid or by obtaining assistance from paramedics.
Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Tools and Technology
• Desktop computers
• Laptop computers
• Personal computers
Premise branch exchange PBX systems
Special purpose telephones
• Multi-line telephone systems
Two way radios
• Two way radios
Data base user interface and query software
• Data entry software
Security operations software
• Track Tick
Office suite software
• Microsoft Office
This job descripion in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Signature Protection Services has provided professional services in California for over 25 years. We provide Armed, Unarmed, Plain Clothed and Vehicle Patrol officers for commercial and private clients. Our event protection and armed VIP bodyguard services are customizable to your specific needs.
Signature Protection Services plays an important role in deterring criminal activity and threats against clients and property. Our planning and support division is what makes our services different. We use crime analysis reports and security management software to maintain efficient communication with every aspect of our operation. Our software tracks guard locations, notifies clients of incidents and documents issues via photos and live video.
Many companies emphasize the training of its management staff and their qualifications. In addition to our management qualifications, we emphasize the qualifications of the agents that are assigned to protect you. The officers that are assigned to protect you are equally as important. We provide in house drug and criminal background checks along with training for specific job tasks. Our clients have complete access to officer profiles when deciding which officers they would like to secure their facilities. We maintain up to date and accurate accountability for all of our personnel. It is important to invest in our employees in order to maintain the highest standards of safety, effectiveness and proper teamwork.
Signature protection provides more than just manpower; we offer peace of mind that comes with a professional; and truly integrated security force. Whether you need a single protector for a day, or a team of highly-trained professionals, we have you covered.