Softex Paper, Inc. has a position available for a skilled Fabricator/Welder to cut and join metals and other materials on our building expansion and maintenance crew. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
This is a full time permanent position. Monday - Friday 6am - 2:30pm.
• Proven experience as welder
• Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
• Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
• Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
• Deftness and attention to detail
• Proficient in English
• Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
• Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
Position benefits include:
• Health, dental, vision and life insurance offered after 60 days
• 8 paid holiday days off annually after 90 days
• 6 paid days off (PTO) annually after 90 days
• 40 hours of paid vacation after 1 year
• Fixed schedules
Softex Paper is a fast growing manufacturer of paper products in the US and Caribbean. With locations in Rock Hill, SC, Chester, SC, Palatka, FL, Curacao, Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic we are sure there is a career opportunity for you.