SUMMARY: Must be able to work with senior citizens, displaying particular care and sensitivity to their needs and abilities. Performs all custodial, preventative and repair maintenance functions needed to keep the building clean and in good repair, as well as ground maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works the schedule agreed upon. Note: This schedule and/or building assignment may be changed or modified at any time, for any reason.
• Perform custodial as well as accommodating unplanned custodial needs including the changing of the dumpsters.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance as scheduled to maintain the buildings, equipment and safety systems.
• Perform grounds maintenance which includes, snow shoveling using a snow blower and or a shovel and trash pick-up.
• Observe all policies that deal with residents’ rights, including confidentiality.
• Adhere to all of the policies and procedures spelled out in the St. Andrew’s Employee Handbook and Corporate Compliance Plan.
• Follow all St. Andrew’s safety regulations and the St. Andrew’s disaster plan. Reports and corrects, or arranges for correction, of any unsafe condition, violation of building code, OSHA regulation, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to perform the listed duties and functions, independent of continual supervision. Must be able to understand and follow, both written and verbal instructions. Must be able to understand and follow both written and verbal instructions. Must know general cleaning techniques for both hard surface and carpeted floors.
For 60 years, St. Andrew’s Resources for Seniors System, a faith-based, a not-for-profit organization, has been the place where seniors, their families, and their caregivers find answers. Whether it’s occasional help that allows a senior to remain independent at home, a comfortable retirement residence that feels like home, a caring assisted living or skilled nursing community, or even short-term Medicare Rehabilitation, St. Andrew’s can provide whatever you need. We help families find and access the support they need and, most importantly, we help them Worry Less®.