Coordinates and implements whole life, fitness, activities, volunteer opportunities, Resident Engagement Program (“Cubigo”) and community events for the Summerville of St. Andrew’s campus. Creates, encourages and supports “fun” in a heartfelt and inviting atmosphere. Also serves as the initial “go to” person to address issues or concerns that may arise as new residents move-in.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creates, identifies, coordinates, and communicates all events, programming and services to residents.
• Collaborates and assists Lifestyle Counselor (marketing) to schedule and execute promotional events.
• Implements, educates and monitors the ongoing utilization of the “Cubigo” resident engagement system.
• Is current on methods for holistic and wellness focused programming and services.
• Develops an active volunteer program for the campus.
• Works with residents to develop and establish unique & varied campus clubs.
• This job may eventually supervise one additional individual.
• Experience in event planning, activities, and an ability to multi-task numerous programs and services at one time.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with fitness instruction is helpful, but not required.
• Past experience with volunteer program implementation is a plus.
• Associate's Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, or six months to one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite; must be capable of utilizing “Cubigo”, (resident engagement software). Social media use and navigation a plus.
• Other skills required:
o Experience in developing newsletter/calendars
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds
a diverse workforce.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of
opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas
and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
For 60 years, St. Andrew’s Resources for Seniors System, a faith-based, a not-for-profit organization, has been the place where seniors, their families, and their caregivers find answers. Whether it’s occasional help that allows a senior to remain independent at home, a comfortable retirement residence that feels like home, a caring assisted living or skilled nursing community, or even short-term Medicare Rehabilitation, St. Andrew’s can provide whatever you need. We help families find and access the support they need and, most importantly, we help them Worry Less®.