POSITION DESCRIPTION – REGISTERED NURSE
SUPERVISION: The Registered Nurse Reports to the Director of Nursing
HOURS: Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm
Under direction of the Director of Nursing, the role of the RN is to ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met. Must be able to relate professionally with residents, staff, and family members. Must display a positive work attitude and be able to work as a team with other staff members. The RN will assist with training of staff in medical procedures and policies. The RN is responsible for carrying out the Mission of St. Ann’s.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete the initial admission assessment of potential residents to ensure that their needs will be met.
• Implement Service Agreements with residents needing nursing services. Review and revise service plans as needed.
• Work with St. Ann’s colleagues, community health-care providers, and government agencies to promote the Mission of St. Ann’s in a professional manner.
• Assure residents have up to date electronic care plans and EMARs.
• Follow Policies and Procedures for Comprehensive Nursing Licensure from the State of MN.
• Available to be on call per call schedule.
• Assist with HHA staff scheduling/mandate of HHA staff.
• Must be registered and licensed with the MN State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
• Must have an unencumbered RN License.
• A minimum of one-year experience working with the geriatric population in a licensed health care setting.
• Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to follow St. Ann’s guiding principles: Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Teamwork.
• Primary responsibilities will be conducted in a clean, well-lit, climate controlled area such as client apartments, hallways, workrooms, client dining area and meeting rooms.
• Exposure to body fluids, infection, odors and behavior of clients that may be aggressive, combative or demanding.
• The noise is usually moderate.
• Exposure to chemical and respiratory hazards is possible.
• Work hours as assigned, scheduled, or mutually agreed upon. Occasionally called upon to work on short notice.
• While performing duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to examine clients, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. In addition, the job requires
walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, kneeling, reaching overhead and lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Occasionally lift
and/or move up to 100 pounds. Push up to 75 pounds.
• All employees are required to complete a thorough physical assessment through Essentia Health Occupational Medicine within 30 days of hire and authorize the release of this
information to St. Ann's.
• Must have adequate vision and hearing necessary to perform job functions.
Pay: $62,000.00 to $68,000.00 per YEAR