POSITION DESCRIPTION – REGISTERED NURSE
SUPERVISION: The Registered Nurse Reports to the Director of Nursing
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
Under direction of the Director of Nursing, the role of the RN is to ensure that the health and safety of all residents are met. Must be able to relate professionally with residents, staff, and family members. Must display a positive work attitude and be able to work as a team with other staff members. The RN will assist with training of staff in medical procedures and policies. The RN is responsible for carrying out the Mission of St. Ann’s.
DESCRIPTION OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complete the initial admission assessment of potential residents to ensure that their needs will be met.
• Implement Service Agreements with residents needing nursing services. Review and revise service plans as needed.
• Work with St. Ann’s colleagues, community health-care providers, and government agencies to promote the Mission of St. Ann’s in a professional manner.
• Assure residents have up to date electronic care plans and EMARs.
• Follow Policies and Procedures for Comprehensive Nursing Licensure from the State of MN.
• Available to be on call per call schedule.
• Must be registered and licensed with the MN State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
• Must have an unencumbered RN License.
• A minimum of one-year experience working with the geriatric population in a licensed health care setting preferred.
• Demonstrated communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to follow St. Ann’s guiding principles: Respect, Compassion, Responsibility and Teamwork.
St. Ann's is an assisted living community in Duluth, MN.