Construction Management / Civil Engineering Technology Majors
WANTED – “Assistant Field Engineers”
State Utility Contractors, Inc.
4417 Old Charlotte Highway
Monroe, NC 28110
Is interviewing current college students for summer 2019 – Internships
Applicants must be currently enrolled in either a Construction Management or Civil Engineering Technology major at a 4 year University. This position is a paid position for the summer of 2015 and based upon work performance could potentially lead to a full time position upon graduation. Jobsite locations are throughout NC & SC.
Summer Internship shall consist of:
• Compiling information for daily reports
• Track daily crew time
• Tracking change conditions and assemble costs associated with extra work
• Assisting project onsite superintendent & foreman with jobsite correspondence
• Assisting with installation of underground & above ground piping
• Assisting with installation of process equipment
• Assisting with concrete placement
• Operating surveying equipment – Layout / vertical & horizontal control
• Full exposure to trade subcontractors: Mechanical – Electrical – Plumbing
• Produce a valid driver’s license and copy of current college transcript
• Be available for full-time work during the summer of 2015
• Be pursuing a degree in Construction Management / Civil Engineering Technology, or related field
• Have experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Dropbox
• Strong work ethic and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
• Have effective written and verbal communication skills and be willing to fully participate in job assignments at each jobsite location or home office. Must have excellent organization and time management skills
Contact Kris Hannnah - Khannah@sucontractors.com
State Utility Contractors, Inc. is committed to excellence and strives to be recognized as the premier builder of environmental service facilities in the Southeast. To earn this recognition by producing the highest quality facilities to meet our clients’ needs within their projects’ design, specification, and budgetary constraints. We enjoy the experience of the construction process and value its importance, realizing that it is the relationships we build during the process.
With our Corporate Office located in Monroe, North Carolina and regional office near Wilmington, North Carolina. State Utility Contractors, Inc. is one of the areas fastest growing employee owned contractors, specializing in heavy civil construction. Our areas of expertise are water and wastewater treatment plants, water and sewer lines, land/infrastructure, and general commercial construction.
State Utility Contractors, Inc. prides itself in being a forward thinking company, with expertise and performance that exceeds our competition. We provide services & solutions to the most complex projects, for without these services, growth could not occur.